Welcome to My Personal Page
Why I Walk
I am walking to support my friend, Ryan Hooey, who is the son of a fellow CUPE 82 member. In 2012, Ryan lost his sight at the age of 27 and CNIB has provided him with life changing support in order to live an independent and successful life. Ryan is not only a client but also holds a new position with CNIB as the Program Lead for Advocacy & Accessible Communities.
Your donation will stay in Windsor-Essex, where we can help provide Ryan and CNIB with funds to bring new technology and programs to make Windsor accessible to the blind and low vision community.
Your donation helps CNIB deliver innovative programs and powerful advocacy that address the needs of people of all ages and empowers Canadians impacted by blindness to:
- Enhance their skills, realize their goals andlivewith confidence
- Have fun,play, connect with others and demonstrate that people with sight loss can do anything
- Get the skills and resources to attainworkambitions, and break through barriers in the job market
- Learnthe knowledge, social skills and independence to achieve their full potential in school and life, and
- Advocateto change perceptions about blindness, eliminate barriers and transform challenges into opportunities
By supporting these life changing programs, you're making a significant difference in the lives of people right here in our community who are living with sight loss and empowering them to lead independent, active lives and chase their dreams.
For these reasons, I’m participating in Night Steps to raise funds for CNIB and change what it is to be blind today. Please donate to my page and help CNIB and people in our community see beyond sight loss.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.