Why I Walk.
Because I can, and mostly I can see where I'm going. Unless it's really dark out, in which case....gee I didn't see that rock, or that slope or crack in the sidewalk. But, for me - the light will return and I will see what's in front of me once again.
Did you know that every minute, three Canadians turn to CNIB for support, advice and information?
Celebrating 100 years in 2018, the CNIB Foundation is a non-profit organization driven to change what it is to be blind today.
Your donation helps CNIB deliver innovative programs and powerful advocacy that address the needs of people of all ages and empowers Canadians impacted by blindness to:
- Enhance their skills, realize their goals andlivewith confidence
- Have fun,play, connect with others and demonstrate that people with sight loss can do anything
- Get the skills and resources to attainworkambitions, and break through barriers in the job market
- Learnthe knowledge, social skills and independence to achieve their full potential in school and life, and
- Advocateto change perceptions about blindness, eliminate barriers and transform challenges into opportunities
By supporting these life-changing programs, you're making a significant difference in the lives of people right here in our community who are living with sight loss and empowering them to lead independent, active lives and chase their dreams.
For these reasons, I’m participating in Night Steps to raise funds for CNIB and change what it is to be blind today. Please donate to my page and help CNIB and Canadians in our community see beyond sight loss.
PS.....I'm walking on my birthday - so hey your sponsorship will be a "gift" to me too!